by Denise Mose, Ph.D, Fashion Columnist
Springtime brings pretty flowers, wedding invitations and hot weather, which also means outdoor activities, so lets talk about haute couture in hot climates. More than anything, I see extroverted leggy looks as the number one trend for summer music festival fashions. From the Kentucky Derby, to San Diego, and the very popular Coachella Music Festival, you can still stay fashionable. Dr. D has the diagnosis for your summer outdoor wardrobe.
1. Legs. Yes, be sure to get those toned tanned legs because you will need them this summer. High-waist short shorts and mini swing skirts demand legs.
2. Hair flowers are a throw back to the 1967 Summer of Love Music Festival in San Francisco. Flowers symbolize the innocence of summer, the celebratory spirit of love and friendship. I’ve seen guys do this, too. Fashion is all attitude, never forget that!
3. Tribal (global) prints and a remixed feathered tribal headdress means you will use geometric prints, stripes and heads in a big way. Yes, head prints, eyes and other body parts are used in tribal prints — bold, bright and sort of shocking.
4. Buy red. It looks good as a dress, a diaphanous pant suit, and…well, just wear red.
5. All-American denim rocks. Just throw it over anything and I promise you it works!
6. Change your hair. I am killing an awesome flipped-up style thanks to the amazing Chonda Hawkins. Mohawks get you attention. Go purchase a black leather jacket, plaid boyfriend shirt and sneakers. Oh, yeah, don’t forget your Willie Nelson bandana. Willie is a legend! Do it!
7. Western cowgirl boots, short dresses and tribal feathers. This look made Taylor Swift famous. Need I say more?
8. Swimwear and shorts. Don’t forget the flowers in your hair.
9. Jumpsuits or rompers. Romper wear is all the rage this summer. Long, short, solid, striped or a print romper spells relaxed and comfy style. I’ve just got 4 in various colors!
10. Shoes. Straw boaters are a trend due to The Great Gatsby being released last year. It still works this season!
Ok, Dr. D’s top ten outside wear tips are here! Make me proud!
Dr. D is here for you: One wardrobe at a time!
Like this post? Click that little heart button below and share it with your networks. 🙂
About the Author:
Denise Y. Mose, Ph.D is the owner/creator of Simply D Perfume and Beauty Bath and Body Line, and hosts the Urban America Today Talk Show. She is also a sought-after red carpet host, having been invited to cover the Grammys, Emmys, Kentucky Derby, and world-famous New York Fashion Week. Dr. Mose is an authority on education, beauty/fashion, career coaching and etiquette. Her third book, The Guilt-Free Guide to Fashion, is currently on bookshelves nationwide. The American Image Consultant Association seeks her advice on wardrobe and fashion seminars.
Love this article and want more? Enter your email address and get OFM articles and updates right in your inbox (no spam, we promise).
[wp_connect_comments href=”” width=”600″ num_posts=”6″ colorscheme=”light” /]